Our work with the Medical Research Council
Have your say in the development of a new strategy for public involvement by completing a survey.
We’ve been commissioned by the Medical Research Council to inform the development of their new strategy for public involvement in non-clinical and clinical health and biomedical research.
As part of this work (Feb-June 2022) we’re identifying examples of current practice and consulting with patients, researchers, members of the public, practitioners and other organisations. If you’d like to have a say, please complete this survey which is open to everyone.
We’re being supported by an External Advisory Group which brings a huge depth of knowledge, understanding and experience to help us broaden the perspectives within the project.
The members of the group are as follows
- Angela Ruddock: Public Contributor, Chair of Primary Care Research in Manchester Engagement Resource, Centre for Primary Care and Health Services Research
- Emma Dorris: Programme Manager, PPI Ignite Network at University College Dublin (UCD); Research Analytics & Impact Team, UCD Research
- Kaz Obuka: Head of Patient and Public Involvement & Equalities, NHS South West London Clinical Commissioning Group (attending in personal capacity)
- Lynn Laidlaw: Patient Advocate, Co-Investigator COVID Shielding Voices & Lay member of COVID-UK Approvals and Oversight Board.
- Natasha Ratcliffe: Director of Community Engagement & Partnerships, Couch Health (attending in personal capacity)
- Nick Hillier: Director of Communications & Engagement, Academy of Medical Sciences
- Sinduja Manohar: Public Engagement and Involvement Manager, Health Data Research UK
- Simon Wilde: Engagement Director, Genomics England
- Steve Scott: Public Engagement Lead, UK Research & Innovation
If you have any queries about this project please contact email@example.com