Your grant application and patient involvement
How we can help you involve patients in shaping your research
Are you are researcher? When thinking of working with patients and members of the public in your research, do you
- Not know where to start?
- Want to push the boundaries and try something new?
- Have a specific request or query?
You’re in luck! Vocal can help. We are experienced at supporting researchers to plan strategies and activities for working in partnership as part of research (sometimes called PPI – public and patient involvement). There is a strong expectation from funders that the views of patients are taken into account by researchers. We can help with your grant applications and when your research is already taking place.
Contact us using the button below and one of our team will get in touch with you to discuss your proposal and your needs in terms of working with patients and the public in your research.
We’ll send you our unique planning tool which will help you to think through how and when you’d like to involve people in your study. We’ll then meet with you and discuss further.
What happens when we meet?
We’ll have a chat covering
- Whether you’ve involved patients before and what your experience of that was like.
- How confident you feel about involving people in your research.
- Advice on approaches for your pre-application work including
- Identifying potential funding sources for involving patients;
- Which patient groups could help to shape your research;
- How to work inclusively and include people from diverse backgrounds and with different experiences;
- Helping you to decide how you will involve patients and whether you need support
- Developing practical plans for involving people at all stages of your grant (pre-application, during the study and the evaluation of the results) After we meet, we will give you a chance to think through the various options you can take, and if you want to work with us, we will support you in whatever way we agree.
If you’d like to discuss your research please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.